In today’s times when majority of children are staying away from their homes for reasons innumerable such as for further education or for a job, taking care of the aging parents is difficult. The least we can do for them is buy a good health insurance plan to make them feel cared for and save them from the enormous medical expenses.
Old age makes the parents more susceptible to illnesses and injuries. It increases their risks of succumbing to critical diseases which can call for expensive treatment and care facilities. Thus to ensure they are financially independent and get the best care and treatment it becomes essential to buy the best policy after evaluating all the different options available in the market.
To see to it that you make informed decisions and keep in mind all the essential aspects before you make your selection and purchase a policy suitable to your requirements we have compiled a few pointers below:
- Check the entry-age permitted by the policy. Some insurers offer policies without any maximum entry age. While some offer for senior citizens lying in the 60-80 years age bracket. Select the plan that covers the longest coverage and allows entry at any age. Also, pick a plan that offers maximum renewal age.
- Your selected mediclaim policy will reimburse you the expenses incurred for the medical treatment for the health cover you have chosen under the plan. If a high sum is insured, you will get a greater amount for the medical emergencies. Prefer the cover which meets your requirements and is enough to take care of the financial expenses.
- Select a policy that covers a wide range of illnesses especially the pre-existing diseases. If there are any common illnesses in the family see to it that the senior citizens are covered for those. Select a plan which has the least waiting period for pre-existing diseases.
- Pick a plan which covers an extensive network of hospitals under it. In case of unforeseen hospitalization, it can benefit you from cashless claim settlement policy. In your time of stress, it can act as a blessing in disguise.
- Instead of covering your parents under family floater plan, it is a good idea to purchase individual health insurance policies for them. The coverage will be higher also it is a sound option if considering the cost versus benefit perspective.
Some of the best health insurance for senior citizens are offered from Religare Health Insurance, Apollo Munich, Star Health Insurance, Bajaj Allianz, Reliance Health Insurance to name a few trusted companies by a large number of people. One can easily buy medical insurance these days online and enjoy plenty of benefits such as smooth purchase and renewals, safe and secure transactions, etc. Compare the many policies available from a wide array of companies and make a wise decision based on your needs.